Friday, October 2, 2026

 Ok everyone, I just looked up the exact date for literature event and did not see the names of the people I had in mind. RG, Esme W, T'nahesi, JH, and maybe one or two who I am forgetting. All of those I personally think could be twofers. But that is based on my own habit of conflation. Also I am reminded that I feel like we are in a flourishing time period of literature, or are completing one, and it could be good to have multiple winners for some of these big time awards. Like maybe five or so for each one. You think it would diminish it but maybe not. 

For this one, based on the list I just saw, I have to enthusiastically cast my vote for JK Rowling. And then say something so rude, which is that it would happily be for something that was "actually creative."  I really mean that as a genre label, but I think sometimes the genres that seem less strictly philosophical actually get underestimated. People are mad now because I implied that their books were one dimensional, but sorry, I just really like high concept literature.

So okay. I do not feel tortured by this topic. I feel like a normal writer who tries to be successful with various amounts of failure and greed mixed in.  I have to congratulate all the mental health people who helped me. Because this is a positive mental place to be and I am thankful. It took a lot of work from everyone. When I am a euthanasia client in NYC, it will be from avoiding medical pain and not from life despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment