Monday, August 3, 2026


Pals, I was having trouble uploading images to my blog. Ok so I showed this image to Tita from SCBWI. I think ai “scraped” this guy for one of my blobs. It was probably different enough but I will be a watchdog for this. I am not using ai for writing so far and expect that I am more likely to be copied on both art and writing. So far I have had two questionable images out of about 300. Plus one that was clearly an artists style: that cartoon fruit picture. That is a signature style that probably many people would recognize. In fact it was so obvious when the image was generated that I assumed they had permission and it was like Canva’s graphic design program. The other issue was the mouse that was reminiscent of Despereaux. And yet my mouse rendition was so much cuter that I decided to keep it. I think I beat people to groundhogs too but you know what everyone? Ai is cool technology and I believe we will all work this out. Creative people will be creative and the same processes and principles to protect originality will play out.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment