Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Greenville and Asheville

 Well hello everyone, this is Refried, reporting from New York. My hometown got hit by a hurricane this past weekend and they are working to reconstruct the whole power system.  They are doing very well, and people are gradually getting back power.  They had estimated two weeks at first but most people will have power by Oct 4.  So that is more of a five day plan.  My mom got power yesterday.  People really are dependent on that stuff, and I will learn not to be ashamed of those factors like I sometimes am. I just heard too much church teaching about idolatry which blames people for any dependence they have on earthly things.  But now we see that people need food, water, and shelter, and God does often provide through human hands.

So okay, North Carolina.  A tragic devastation.  I am not sure the rescue efforts have gone well.  I myself posted an update video from the governor and thought things sounded hopeful, but I am not sure they reached a lot of people with supplies and transportation.

I don’t know if I should say anything about politics.  Some people were just too quick to mention global warning, and I am embarrassed for those people and see it through the eyes of those who have always felt persecuted by those leaders.  They will probably always lead only half the country.

However I think NBC news report’s story where they featured the Hernandez family whose daughters were working in a plastic factory during the flood and are still missing was a mostly good report and exposed a pretty bad scenario where people should have been safe at home instead.  The forecast predicted flooding in this area and those people had to go to work.  It is a problem in our country for a lot of people, including major corporations. 

Biden seems bored by the hurricane, there was no sending whatsoever of army and rescuers during the actual event and crucial days afterwards, but he will fling money at it later on like he does with any other problem.  I personally am glad nuclear war was delayed by his presidency, but at some point there needs to be more forceful action taken against the crisis and evil that is happening everywhere.  And who will do that.

Today my mom is going to the grocery store and chick-fil-a near her neighborhood.  I think she might underestimate some of the panic that could be happening.  I hope she will not freak out and hit or push anyone with her old age mental illness.

Mostly I still think that people are peaceful enough with their politics and the leftist reactions to these recent events are plenty good enough for anyone to work with.  And the south’s continued need for financial support will cure some of the stubborn opposition to government funding in some scenarios.  It is just true that there are a lot of people with life problems as bad as a natural disaster.  I won’t take that back no matter how unfathomable the mudslides truly were and still are.

No comments:

Post a Comment