Friday, November 24, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing okay.  Today is the Friday after Thanksgiving. I hope people are having a nice time, doing some shopping, having good conversations with their family, and eating good food.  I am in SC visiting my family, and it is a good visit so I am thankful. We have definitely had our share of problems and griefs but have a lot to be thankful for.  These days I have started being more thankful for all the time clocked behind me, like years of survival and friends and food and candy.  I am not out there shopping much today but almost went to the mall because a belk's department store credit card is the last of my credit budget that I still have a good portion left on. Other than that, it is time to catch up on credit card bills, and there is not a huge income in sight that will solve that problem fast.  But there is potential income from books, and I might start doing zoom groups to tell people how to get a good facebook page up and running.

 

Anyway, maybe people are interested in that info, maybe not.  Today I went through some old papers at my house, and found about 80 rhymes that I did not include in my rhymes book.  Some of them have potential to not waste, so I am going to add them to one more picture book that I will probably post in December.  That is kind of cool but I did cringe to read some of the old poetry.  Some of it is in fact quite cheesy, influenced by my religious-themed anxiety disorder, and full of some awkward rhymes that anyone can see as being in amateur beginner range for writing.  But I think that over time, I ended up with a great haul of over a thousand joke poems that are good enough for any audience. So I am thankful but also glad to have some perspective on what is important.  My poems just aren't that important but shouldn't be wasted either.

 

I thought about trying again for a business loan but I just think the credit cards are that.  It worked five to ten times better than I even hoped for facebook, but I still have no book sales. I just don't know why. I am perceiving some secret messages that make me think maybe things can change next year, but I still am on the edge of emergency with finances and am starting to question the conspiracy as being abusive after years of generous attention from every one I know and don't know.

 

Well, that is today's blog post, truly a journal entry, and now maybe I will go take a walk or buy my third coffee of the day for a cheap outing. Ok Duke's sandwiches., great idea. I think that is what I might do. Have a great day everyone, go Packers!




No comments:

Post a Comment